Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Zucchini Patties


I like to think I learned 75% of my cooking abilities from my mom, and 25% at the Cerasaro household. You see, Domenica was not only my best friend growing up, but also THE friend with THE pool. Which means... I spent 95% of my summer days at her house. Me and my blonde hair were all but adopted into her Italian family, and with this came lots of eating and lots of cooking. It was at Domenica's house that I tried my first hamburger (at age 15, I am embarrassed to admit), learned about pepper cookies (oxymoron?), and discovered the beauty of meatballs. 

It is also where I was introduced to Zucchini Patties. Delicious, amazing, can't-eat-just-one zucchini patties. And these little green pancakes have now been a staple in my own household, with the ever-growing batch of zucchini from our garden. Oooooh baby are they good. And easy to make!



Recipe - courtesy of Trace C.
1 medium zucchini, shredded
1 cup flour
2 eggs
1/4 cup grated cheese
Garlic powder
Black pepper
Olive oil

Mix all ingredients. Add spices to taste. Cook patties in olive oil on medium heat until golden brown.

That's my stack! Go make your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment