Wednesday, June 9, 2010

S'more experimentation


I L-O-V-E s'mores. Not just love. L.O.V.E. Looove.

I love them perfectly plain.












I love them as cupcakes.












I love them as ice cream.


















So, I thought I'd try something new. S'mores bars. Why not?

It was an experiment. A delicious one. Something along the lines of graham cracker crust, brownie mix, mini marshmallows.

But, sadly...it tasted all brownie. The poor little graham crumbs were lost in the goo of melted marshmallow.

But I will keep trying! This is my promise to you...

I will find the perfect s'more bar recipe. I will bake. I will taste-test. I will share. It will leave you wanting s'more!

...I took the s'more joke too far. I hope you can forgive me. And come back for s'more :)

2 comments:

  1. does this mean no s'more bars today????? they were my first thought upon waking...well, coffee first, then s'more bars. no s'more bars, no party for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, I just read a recipe for s'mores bars the other day! I'll try to find the recipe.. but you basically make sugar cookie dough and add in graham cracker crumbs. Half it and spread it in the bottom of a 13x9. Layer whole Hershey bars on top of that, then spread a layer of Marshmallow Fluff, then roll out the rest of the cookie dough and lay it on top. Bake. Scarf.

    ReplyDelete