Monday, June 14, 2010

Waldorf Chicken Salad

I've never been a big chicken salad fan. Not really loving the mayo. But, I recently tried some homemade chicken salad (a la Mike's grandmother - so you know it's gotta be good), and I fell in love. I've since come to believe that when it's done right and made fresh, chicken salad can be an amazing dish!

I spent this past weekend in upstate New York celebrating Mike's sister's graduation. Needless to say there was plenty of BBQing going on, and plenty of leftovers. We (okay, I) decided to use the leftover grilled chicken to make a chicken salad. Here's the simple recipe I followed...

Dice up roughly five cups of cooked chicken.














In a bowl, mix together the chicken, two medium celery stalks (chopped), two scallion (chopped), one large green apple (finely diced), 3/4 cup mayonnaise, two tablespoons fresh lemon juice, one tablespoon freshly chopped herb (parsley, basil, oregano, whatever you like), and salt and pepper to taste.














Toast up ~six tablespoons chopped walnuts, and add them to the mix.














Chill for a few hours or overnight, then serve with toasted bread. Preferably on a patio 8-)






No comments:

Post a Comment