Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Veggie Tales: Lunches

One of my coworkers recently introduced me to the term "flexitarian", which totally accurately describes my new semi-vegetarianism. Wikipedia describes flexitarianism as a semi-vegetarian diet focusing on vegetarian food with occasional meat consumption. A self-described flexitarian seeks to decrease meat consumption without eliminating it entirely from his or her diet. This definitely describes my new way of eating, especially because I have the tendency to give in to bacon :)
Anyway, I realized I've posted a bunch of vegetarian dinner recipes, but I wanted to tell you about what I have for lunch! Usually I have some sort of sandwich, salad, or leftover dinner from the night before. Recently I've invented this "Mediterranean Pita": hummus, feta, cucumber, lettuce. Yum!
I have some sort of fruit (an apple a day...)

And have starting having yogurt (get that calcium!) - I am trying out different brands and flavors to figure out the best kind.

Tried this today...so good! Perfect amount of chocolate without feeling too guilty :)
There is something so satisfying about packing and eating lunch...especially with my kiddies! It's a great time to chat with them and hear about their days. Love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment