Monday, January 4, 2010

Veggie Tales: Day 1

I apologize in advance for the poor quality of these photos (they're from my phone) but I just HAD to share these yummy easy recipes I tried out today (both courtesy of Everyday Food)!!

The first: adapted Pasta with Roasted Vegetables and Spinach (thanks Ellen for being my sous-chef!)

Ingredients:
grape tomatoes (we just used whatever we had left)
4 garlic cloves
3 shallots, cut into eighths
thyme
olive oil
salt & pepper
penne pasta
baby spinach

3 Easy-peasy steps:
1. Roast the tomatoes, shallots, garlic, olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper for 20 minutes at 425 degrees.
2. Boil the pasta.
3. Toss pasta and sauce with baby spinach, sprinkle with some parm, and enjoy!


And the second: Maple-Nut Granola

How I wish this photo was better! This might be the best granola I've ever ever had.
Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup chopped almonds
5 tsp vegetable oil
5 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Mix, bake at 325 degrees till golden (20-25 min), and cool. Delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment