Sunday, January 31, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes

I know, I know...Valentine's Day is two weeks away. But it's never too soon to start baking, right? It's five o'clock somewhere??
I went on a little shopping spree in the Valentine's section of Target yesterday, and I may have gone a bit overboard. I blame these AMAZING sprinkles for inspiring me to buy any and everything decorative and pink. A cart full of conversation hearts, cupcake liners, frosting, and heart-shaped dishes later, I arrived at home ready to decorate the hell out of a million mini cupcakes. I absolutely I had to try this red velvet cupcake recipe I stumbled upon.
While the cupcakes cooled, I colored some frosting.








Perfection.
And look at these totally adorable cupcake liners.
Then, we got to decorating. 
Thanks to my pastry chef roomies Fina and Liz, no two cupcakes are exactly alike!

















I have an obsession.

3 comments:

  1. UM When did you get a sick camera and userp my position as most extreme baker???

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I don't know if you like marzipan, but check this out because it is awesome and I think you should do it:

    http://veganyumyum.com/2007/06/knit-night-cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one of these. They look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete