Monday, January 18, 2010

SMORES CUPCAKES!


I know I say this every time, but this really is one of the yummiest things I've ever made. A favorite blog of mine is Bakerella, creator of the oh-so-cute cake pops. (photo from bakerella.com)
She makes some of the cutest and most delicious-looking baked goods I have ever seen! Her latest post is a recipe for smores cupcakes that looked SO good I immediately started gathering ingredients...

It looks like a lot of stuff, but its almost all things I already had on hand! The recipe calls for two batters - graham cracker and chocolate - as well as graham cracker filling. I ate at least 400 spoonfuls of the graham cracker batter before I baked it - it was that good. After the batters were made it was time to assemble somewhat of a cupcake sandwich: first graham cracker batter, graham cracker filling, a marshmallow, chocolate batter, more graham cracker topping!



Photo credit to Mike for this picture...I love the little bit of marshmallow peeking out!

Then it was time to put them in the oven. Only fifteen minutes later, this is what emerged....

I mean, come on.

The best part is, all of them sunk in the middle where the marshmallow was. Typically I would be sad about the presentation resembling a dormant volcano BUT this indented center actually held an ooey gooey too-good-for-words suprise. Y-U-U-U-U-M

And, true to the recipe, we added some chocolate ganache to finish them off.
Go here for the recipe (and slightly better pictures). Thanks, Bakerella!

No comments:

Post a Comment