Sunday, March 7, 2010

Busy Bee!

It has been a whole WEEK since I've posted! Between busy days at school, a work party, and a quick trip to Raleigh, I feel like I haven't had a second to breathe! But I do have lots of things to update on.
First things first...
Thursday to Friday I went to a conference in Raleigh, NC with my fellow teacher, Kate. The conference was about green and natural play and living within urban environments. It was really interesting and I learned a lot, especially about the importance of making nature and green spaces accessible to everyone. One of the speakers showed us examples of European cities that are trying to reduce their ecological footprint and go entirely "green". It convinced me that I need to live in Copenhagen - 40% of the population rides their bike to work! 
 Though the conference was fun, I honestly had more fun exploring the children's museum where the it was held - Marbles!
There was a farming section:
"Under the sea"
AWESOME oversized Legos that my kids would love:
And an adorable book nook where we discovered this little porker doing some light reading:
 
 
Hellooo, cuteness! I want my walls to look like this!
It was nice to get out of Boston for a day or so, and I think we brought the sunshine and warm weather back with us...!

No comments:

Post a Comment