Monday, March 22, 2010

Sweet Potato Cookies

I bought a huge bag of sweet potatoes at Trader Joe's last week, so I brought some in to school to make with the kids. Ali and I were stuck on what to make - fries? muffins? pancakes? We decided to go with cookies, and made up the recipe as we went along. Unfortunately this means I have no recipe to share with you. But, I can give you a list of ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, egg, butter, applesauce, shredded sweet potato, cranberries, chocolate chips. It was the first time I've made up my own recipe, and I'm happy to say it came out deliciously!
We took them outside and had a picnic. Lesson learned: try out your own recipes! And then taste-test them with little kids...they'll have no problem telling you the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment