Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cake Balls

Ever since I started following Bakerella's blog, I've been wanting to try out the famed Cake Balls. They just look soooo delicious and combine three of my favorite things: cake, frosting, and chocolate. I think cake balls are genius. I mean, who doesn't struggle trying to get the perfect ratio of cake to frosting in each bite? I know I sure do. And I know that mixing the frosting into the cake is the BEST idea EVER.
The recipe I followed said to use red velvet cake mix, but alas, the grocery store had run out! SO, I opted for strawberry cake. Pink cake + chocolate covered strawberry goodness? Sold!
All you have to do is bake the cake according to the box instructions, let it cool, and crumble it up.
Then, add a can of frosting. I mixed it up with my hands, and it was messy!!














Roll into balls.















Dip in chocolate, and voila!!

Enjoy!

1 comment: