Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rainbow Cupcakes

I teach in the Rainbow Room at school, so when I saw these rainbow cupcakes in the latest issue of Family Fun (yes, I am a subscriber) I knew I had to make them. They came out beautifully but took a lot of effort. First, make cupcake batter and seperate into six bowls.
Color each bowl with food coloring:
Purple: 9 drops red, 6 blue
Blue: 12 drops blue
Green: 12 drops green
Yellow: 12 drops yellow
Orange: 12 drops yellow, 4 red
Red: 18 drops red
Starting with purple, spread a small amount of batter in each cupcake liner. Spread each color so that it covers the color underneath it.











Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove cupcake liners.
Beauuutiful!
Top with a buttercream "cloud"
 Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. SERIOUSLY MELANIE?! I'm becoming a little kids teacher. Your life is the bomb.

    ReplyDelete