Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Shiny things

Here's the thing about antique shopping: I used to think it was the.worst.thing.e.v.e.r. My parents have loved antiquing for as long as I can remember, and for as long as I can remember I have been dragged along on their antique adventures. Childhood road trips consisted of meandering through upstate NY, stopping at each and every shop along the way. I could not, for the life of me, understand what was *so great* about stores upon stores full of smelly, dusty, OLD THINGS. I used to sit in the car for seemingly endless hours - which, looking back on my 7-year-old self, was probably more like 15 minutes - and CRY until my parents would come back with armfuls of (what I now understand are) valuable goodies.

Boy, have times changed. I NEVER thought I would say it, but antique & vintage shopping is soO fun and fab. I checked out a couple local shops with my dad today and wound up with three shiny, pretty things:
A old blue jar! I can't wait to fill it with something fun and put it in my kitchen.

Fancy earrings and a glittery pin for the new clutch my mom is making for me - gorg!

No comments:

Post a Comment