Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Don't get crabby, have a drink!

The epic journey that is crab-trapping.

I spent my 4th of July hanging out on Mike's family's dock in Ocean City, NJ. Throughout the afternoon we caught or were visited by many curious creatures, including, but not limited to:

12 crabs
1 hermit crab
2 sand sharks
1 jellyfish
1 starfish
7 ducklings

Wowee! If you know me and my love of the aquarium, you'll know that being able to touch a shark (even if it didn't have any teeth AND puked all over us) = best day ever.

The dock had two crab traps attached to it, so we checked them throughout the day and that's how we found all those creatures!

While attempting Pop pop's signature "don't get clawed by the crab while pulling it out of the trap" move, Mike did, in fact, get clawed.

Owwwwch!

Luckily the crabs got distracted clawing each other, just in time for me to snap a pic!


Then the crab got thirsty.
Gimme gimme gimme!

MINE.

Too...much...beer...
(no crabs were harmed in the taking of this photo)


Unfortunately we decided to let the crabbies go and continue on their sideways journey of life.




Take me back to this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment