Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Friendly Toast

Today, I went to the Friendly Toast in Cambridge with Fina and Ellen. A few of my kids told me about it awhile ago and I've been wanting to check it out ever since! I looked up the menu online and knew I had to go ASAP.
 We headed over around noon and had to wait for about 30 minutes, which wasn't too bad because there was lots of stuff to look at:
Life-sized Barbie!










Cool retro lights


Funny signs:
"Everyone loves bunny-enriched bread"
Oh?



The place had a very 50s-60s feel. It reminded me of my Buscia's house - I definitely want to take my parents there! At first I had planned to stick to pancakes or french toast but then we discovered the milkshake menu:
Whaaat??
I didn't think about it - I just tried it.
Fina got "The Pinky": black and white milkshake with raspberries.
I LOVED mine: a little strange but verrrry interesting and delish.
Finally, we got our food.













Almond Joy Pancakes












The Guy Scramble: Eggs with avacado, cheese, black beans and salsa, with cayenne cheese bread
 
Special of the day: sweet potato fries, chorizo, goat cheese, scallions, banana peppers
Yum, yum, YUM!

1 comment:

  1. OMG this place looks so cute! Can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete