Thursday, April 22, 2010

Macaron fail

I have a confession.
Today I tried to make macarons (again).
And I failed. Totally and completely.
I figured I needed to share this fail, because if I only ever posted my baking successes, that wouldn't be honest, now would it? But it's hard for me. It really is. 

They started out so great! Dyed robin's egg blue, sitting on the baking sheet just waiting to go into the oven to fluff into their cute little macaron selves.

But...oh. I am sad to show you what emerged just ten minutes later.

FAIIIIL. Fail. Double fail.
Cracks? No feet??
After some blog searching, I discovered that my oven was too cold. Lesson, learned.
A few had teeny tiny hints of feet:





But nothing like my almost perfect first attempt.



So, I tried to fill a couple anyway. I mean, the flavors are still there, right?
 But I had to give up after a few tries. This guy looks like a sad version of the Hamburglar.

Then, I did something I almost never do. 

I threw the rest out. Uuuugh. They were just too pitiful! I couldn't bear to look anymore!

Just as a reminder (mostly to myself) - I got it right the first time.
I will try again. I WILL try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment