Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Asparagus Swiss Cheese Tart

It's that time of year...asparagus season! Now, let's be honest: I eat asparagus all year long. It's one of my favorite veggies. But, it is exciting to know that it will soon be growing locally, and asparagus displays are already popping up all over grocery stores! Likewise, asparagus recipes are all over food blogs. I got inspired by a recipe from Cupcakes and Cashmere , with three simple ingredients:

Asparagus

Gruyere (or any other swiss cheese, I used Emmenthaler)

Puff pastry dough



Just bake your puff pastry for 8-10 min, top with cheese and asparagus, and pop it back in the oven at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes. For a more detailed recipe, check it out at Martha Stewart.

From this:



















To this!


















Just the right amount for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow! I halved the recipe. Try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment