Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas with the Fam!

I awoke on Christmas morning to lots of exciting things...




(If you're wondering, yes, I did arrange my presents in a display for a picture. How 9-years-old of me.)


After a delicious breakfast of Lucky
Charms (thanks, Santa!), french toast, and bacon, we got ready and hit the road for Utica to see the extended fam. First stop was Grandma and Grandpa's, then on Saturday
we headed to Buscia's--this is our attempt to get a cousin photo. We are minus one because Casiu refused to pose!

After a yummy lunch and a few too many cookies, we tackled that huge mound of presents.. I couldn't resist the urge to play preschool teacher, and here is me with Santa's adorable little helper, "G"!

After catching up with my mom's side of the family, we headed back out in the gross weather to see some more of my dad's side; namely, Great Grandma, who is a whopping 102 years old and still living on her own in the house my Grandpa built! She's quite the impressive lady, let me tell you!
Our final stop was at my aunt and uncle's house, which included three highlights:
1. A twenty foot (maybe more) tree in the living room! Decorated from top to bottom. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture :(
2. Learning the new workout craze: hula-hooping! My aunt told me that by "hooping" 30 minutes a day, every day, her friend lost 10 pounds! Sounds a little crazy, but also like a lot of fun!
3. see below-

PEANUT BUTTER BALLS. They very well may be my favorite Christmas treat. These little nuggets of goodness are so delicious it's almost wrong. Thanks for the doggy bag, Aunt Chris!

Until next year, Merry Christmas to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment